Disaster on the set: Baldwin hands over his cell phone for investigation

Disaster on the set: Baldwin hands over his cell phone for investigation
Disaster on the set: Baldwin hands over his cell phone for investigation

Hollywood star Alec Baldwin handed over his cell phone to investigators after camerawoman Halyna Hutchins was fatally shot during a western shoot. The Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office said the iPhone was turned over to law enforcement in Suffolk County, New York, where Baldwin lives. The police there will now copy the data on the smartphone and forward it to investigators in the state of New Mexico.

WHAT/AFP

Almost a month ago, Baldwin was asked by the authorities to make his mobile phone available for the investigation into Hutchins’ death. Investigators are interested in text messages and emails from and to Baldwin about the film project “Rust,” where the fatal accident occurred on October 21.

Private communication should remain private

Baldwin and prosecutors have reached an agreement whereby investigators will not have access to the actor’s communications with his wife and his attorneys. Last week, the movie star released a video in which he dismissed allegations that he was not cooperating with investigators as a “lie”.

He had previously assured in a television interview that before the scene was filmed, he had been told that the gun contained no real ammunition and that he had not pulled the gun’s trigger. So far, the police have not raised any criminal charges in the case, but have not ruled that out for any of those involved.

The incident had sent shockwaves through Hollywood. Many called for the banning of real guns from film sets.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-
PREV Covid-19: a three-week-old baby dies of a serious form in Qatar
NEXT Covid-19 in Austria: compulsory vaccination from February, a first in Europe